- While it isn’t a neighborhood blog, you owe it to yourself to go read The Right Direction… aka One White Dude’s Confession – a beautiful reflection on how the neighborhoods where we live and work intersect with our inner thoughts and beliefs (from dogpoet).
- Want to know how to drive Eric Mar crazy? The Richmond district blog has two great articles on Supervisor Mar – one featuring a Hustler bus in front of his favorite fast food restaurant, the other a great tip about where to corner the guy when you need to talk his ear off.
- Live in Glen Park? Then get ready for the Glen Park Festival this coming Sunday, April 29 (from The Glen Park Association).
- Proposals to make travelling on the J-Church muni line slightly less painful. And while you’re there, don’t miss the picture of a plastic port-a-potty engulfed in flames (from Noe Valley SF).
- Are you a Sutro Tower fan? Don’t miss Burrito Justice, which loves our looming-like-a-menacing-tower as much as I do!
- For those of you familiar with Bernal Heights, you’ll know the neighborhood has a reputation for narrow streets that can be a challenge to navigate. Bernalwood has a cautionary tale (with photos, lots of photos) about just how wrong things can go. Moral of the story: speeding in Bernal is stupid, really stupid. Don’t say you haven’t been warned.
- Finally, on the southern side of the city, D10 Watch brings news of the upcoming Quesada Gardens Spring Celebration on May 5th. You’ve gotten plenty of advance notice, so toss it on your calendar and show up prepared to make a $5 donation. The party starts at noon in the 1700 Block of Quesada Ave.
I don’t doubt I’ve overlooked something phenomentally interesting, entertaining, or otherwise blog-worthy (but come on, Supervisor Mar in a hottub is pretty awesome). Leave a comment or shoot me an email with your favorite neighborhood blog!