- The weather is perfect – sunny, forecast for the 70′s through the weekend. Not even Siri would argue with me about how gorgeous our weather is. So stop reading this blog and go outside and enjoy our weather. Unless, of course, you are reading this at the park on your favorite gadget. In which case you should put said gadget away and enjoy the weather. I promise it won’t hurt my feelings.
However, if that isn’t enough news for you, then consider this:
- Antibiotics for everyone after lab researcher dies, lab shutdown. (Ocean Beach Bulletin)
- The de Young has cooler stuff in their basement than you or I ever will. In particular, they found a bunch of old glass negatives. The photos are absolutely awesome and amazing. I only wish the crap I can’t bring myself to throw away was so cool. So thanks, packrat from approximately 100 years ago, for not throwing these out. (deYoung via Richmond SF blog)
- For those of you with school age children that haven’t already left the city or sent your children to private school, SFUSD announces their new Superintendent, Richard Carranza. Budget cuts apparently require that his photo on the website be taken with a blurry cam. But hey, at least we get a picture. (via Rachel Norton’s blog)
- They’d normally be the coolest pictures of the week, but the deYoung beats out the awesome historic photos of Midtown Terrace/Forest Knolls, including one which seems to refer to a NIKE weapons site that actually was or was planned to be situated in the middle of San Francisco. (via Forest Knolls)
- And finally, Bernalwood has cooler pictures on it’s blog of Bernal Heights than you ever will. So don’t even bother trying. (via Bernalwood)
I’m sure I’ve missed 1,000 more cool and interesting things, because that’s just how awesome a city San Francisco is. Have a great weekend!