The following events are already full:
- Golden Gate Park Oak Woodlands Habitat and Trail Restoration
- Visitacion Valley Greenway Native Planting
- Free Kayaking on the Blue Greenway
- Mountain Lake Park Clean Up, Planting, and Nature Walk
However, there are still an incredible number of awesome things that you and your family can go do outside this coming Saturday, including:
- Rochambeau Adult BBQ & Kids Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournaments & BBQ
- Joe Dimaggio Playground Beautification and Painting
- West Sunset Playground Party and Mobile Recreation Center
- Hayes Valley Farm Food Demos and Kids Activities
- Mt. Sutro Habitat Restoration and Nursery Tour
- Duboce Playground PlayDay and Grand Opening of the Youth Play Area
- Alemany Farm Herb Gardening
- Hilltop Park Beautification
- McLaren Park Nature Walks and Turtle Play Area Revitilization
As if the oppportunity to get out and about, enjoy some of San Francisco’s great open spaces and meet new neighbors and community members wasn’t enough of an incentive, volunteers that sign up in advance will also get a free t-shirt and lunch. I don’t know about you, but I’m a sucker for free t-shirts.
I just asked Siri what our weather for Saturday is like, and even she had to agree it is forecast to be beautiful, with sunny skies and a high of 68 degrees, which sounds like a pretty perfect San Francisco day to me.
One of the (many) things I love about San Francisco is the incredible amount of awesome outdoor spaces and places that sprinkled across our city, from the Presidio on the northern tip to Mclaren Park on the southern end and everything in between. I hope to see you out helping take care of our awesome parks this Saturday!