Turning our attention to more local news, let’s look at what the neighborhood blogs have been chattering about:
- A tip of the hat to Uppercasing for showcasing the awesome talents of JacksonFuller client Kevin Smokler and Salon97!
- According to Portola Planet, 600 Silliman in the Portola has sold, but last I checked in the MLS it isn’t marked as sold, and the tax records still reflect the foreclosure from 2011. Either way, here’s to sharing their hope that something much better becomes of 600 Silliman.
- The Potrero View takes a look at new developments taking place in the Dogpatch and Potrero Hill neighborhoods, touching on just a few of the upcoming projects including 2051 Third St., 2121 Third St., 616 20th St., 2235 Third St., 650 Texas and 480 Potrero Ave. As you might expect with any San Francisco neighborhood, some residents are happier about the developments than others.
- Via Mission Mission, neighborhood tweens underprice lemonade and give out damn good advice for only a quarter.
- Hayeswire has a reminder that today is the first day of school for SFUSD students. So stop parking in the bus zone. Or expect to pay through the nose for it. In other news, privates and parochials go back to school either this week or next, so prepare yourself for the influx of children and the parents (or caregivers, nannys, family friends, etc.) dropping them off and picking them up each day.
- And finally, via haighteration comes a recap of the Duboce Park movie night. I’ll sum it up for you: 56 degrees outside and Mrs. Doubtfire.
That’s not all the neighborhood news, but it’s a bit of it. I’m always on the hunt for great neighborhood blogs to follow, be sure to yell at me if I’ve missed yours. That’s what comments are for, after all